Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Weekend Shenanigans

Last weekend was so great! I did my airlife memorial 10k race. It was terrible, but the atmosphere is so cool! 
They release doves at the start line in memoriam of those who lost their lives serving as first responders. Then, to kick off the race, they have ambulances, fire trucks, police cars, swat cars, every type of emergency vehicle you can think of! They all turn on their lights and sirens. It's so loud and so cool!  
Dove release
Me heading out!
I can honestly say that I am a terrible racer. Terrible. I think I put so much pressure on myself to have a good race and I just collapse. In the past I used to get so bummed out about it. I didn't this time. I know that I am in much better shape than I have been in awhile. I know that the weekend prior to the race I crushed it And had an awesome run! Maybe racing just isn't for me?! 

That night we headed uptown to Beast and Bottle for dinner. We had been here before with Paul and Lesley. The food this time was even tastier than the last time! The first go-round we all did the chef's tasting menu. This time we split an appetizer and then we each got our own entree. We did the fig and pig flatbread (below). It was delish!!! Highly recommended! 
For the entree I had soft shell crab. I've never had soft shell crab before. You literally eat the whole thing! No shell crackin' involved.  

Sunday we headed over to Green Mountain to do some exploring. Our house is in such a great spot with access to hikes and trails all within 15 minutes. 
The view at the top. It reminds me of the Sound of Music! Everything was so vibrant and green. 
Red rocks in the distance
Just the 2 of us 

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Every time you post my heart skips a beat :) I love it so much.

I'm so proud of you for accomplishing your race. So you didn't win first place... I think racing is still for you. :) You beat everyone sitting on the couch that morning!!
I love to think of racing as just something to motivate myself and to have a goal to work towards ...otherwise I don't really run or push myself. Maybe that's what "racing" can be for you too?

Beast And Bottle looks fancy smancy--and really good!! Fig and Pig!? yummm!
And I've never had soft shell crab either--you'll have to tell me more about that.

The views around your house are stunning!! Stunning!!

And that was a really long comment I just made :)