Sunday, August 2, 2009

I love weekends

I love the weekends, and this one ranked right up there.  Yesterday, I went hiking up in Rocky Mountain National Park with my parents.  We hiked a little over 5 miles and it was a perfect day for it.  We stopped for dinner at my favorite little Italian joint, Mama Rosa's.  It's patio is right off the river.  We got carmel apples for dessert, a tradition when going up to Estes.  Today, Ben and I went for our first spin on our cruisers together.  We headed over to Devil's Food for some brunch and then went over to Wash Park.  
Me and my dad getting ready to go

We could hear this stream all along our hike
So beautiful!
These crazy mushrooms were growing out of this tree.  

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Ah so fun! wish i could've joined you guys! Love the pics!!

Desiree Jewell said...

What!??! I'm not on the blog yet?!!? :( LOL!

Thanks for the delicious treats last night! They were an absolute hit at the party! I hope you and Ben had a great time- it was fun having you over! Check my blog for some of the pics! I want the one you took too....