Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Memories



Most people I know are lucky if they still have their grandparents around.I have been fortunate enough to have great- grandparents around. Yesterday my great grandma passed away, and they expect my great grandpa to follow her in the next few days. Although we were never very close, I always thought it was cool that I they were still alive.I thought I would share some of my favorite memories with you.
~Going out to their farm on the 4th of July and riding around in their tractor. Playing volleyball and swinging on the wood swing that wrapped around a huge tree.
~Going into my grandma’s greenroom and trying to find the plants she named after us
~They used to always get us the same Christmas gift when we were little- a Christian cassette tape and socks with the rubber on the bottom so we couldn’t slide around on the floor.
~My grandma loved pink and had the most awful shade of pink bathroom
~ We used to always go hide out in their study and play with their marbles to avoid the boring grown-up conversations
~And, my favorite memory, they used to stock up on Arby’s roast beef sandwiches when they were on special 5 for $5.95. They used to stick the extra sandwiches in their freezer!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

those are some good ones
..what about the crazy vibrating pillows? :)

Unknown said...

Here are some more memories-Melissa's and Alecia's crush on Tim. Tim throwing Melissa off the tractor. Grandma's pickles and divinity. All the pictures you would have to look at. Grandpa learning to snow ski at 75!! The yucky green trailer at the farm.

Melissa said...

That's so wierd! why didn't anyone tell me how wierd that was to have a crush on TIM??!!! ..lol!

linzlou12 said...

That was REALLY weird. Looking back at pictures, he wasn't even that cute!

Unknown said...

We need to be thankful for 2 of Grandma's recipes. Blackberry cobbler and peach ice cream, Burcham girls favorite.

Melissa said...

i thought of another one..
Grandma falling down the stairs at the George Straight Concert. Or as Grandma L. likes to say she threw herself at G.S.